Thursday, March 15, 2007

An Actual Conversation

You cannot make this stuff up. Today, after school (actually around 3 or 4 ish):

"Mom, today at school Johnny peed on me".

'Johnny Doe, or Johnny Smith?'

"John Doe".

'Oh. Ooookkaaay. Where did he pee on you?'

"Right here" (Indicating Crotch area. NO WAY a 3 year old boy has THAT good of aim. NO freaking way).

'Hmmmm. It's still pretty wet. What did you say when Johnny peed on you?'

"I said, 'Do I look like a toilet to you?'

Thinking...Good comeback. I'll have to use it sometime.

'So, Jack, did you tell your teacher?'

"Yeah, she said, 'Boys, Come on now."

Great. So, my kid has a dribble accident, blames some poor other kid, and then invents a pretty decent comeback. I'm not sure what lesson I should teach here. I'm not sure there is a lesson to teach here, but if there is, hey, it'll come to me. After all, Do I look like a toilet to you?

No comments: