Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Failing...Miserably at Parenthood

Yesterday, not a good day.

I was pulled aside by Jack's teacher and informed that he was "defiant" at school. Nasty to other kids. That's just not him, unless he's over tired or getting sick. At that moment of sheer embarrassment I just wanted to cry. I am failing as a mom. I can't discipline my kid. He's "THAT" kid in school. ( I was also very tired from being up with Maddie half the night before with the ear infection that won't quit too, so a bit emotional).

I made dinner. This really delish elaborate rigatoni Italian sausage bake. Fresh everything...basil, mozzarella, etc. My kids ate none of it.

I can't even fix them a meal they'll eat.

I put them all to bed at 6:30 and they slept until today at 5:30.

Maybe they were all just worn out.

I hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your not a bad mom; just a really bad cook. keep trying, you'll get it someday.

Actually, where did you get that recipe (i cant spell and everyone knows it)?