Saturday, March 31, 2007

I Shoulda Been offended But...

Aforementioned dentist and I hit it off. He was a nice guy, telling me about his kids, etc. I'm guessing he was about 34/35 and he was impressed I had on the ball game on the tv in the room. So, automatically he assumes I know squat about baseball. I know enough to get by, I have my favorites (RANDY JOHNSON), but that's about all.

Anywho, this dentist who happens to be Korean starts talking about how he gets looked at funny because he's Asian, and when he went to Korea and saw a million people who looked just like him he figured "This is what it must be like to be white in America".

Back on baseball, I mentioned I like watching John Rocker play. He wasn't a stellar player, but he was crazy and looked like he had Tourrette's on the mound; which was entertaining as hell. JR made some racist comments and kinda got booted out of the majors, to which my dentist responded, "Yah, that guy was just a Cracker!".

I think I should have been offended, but this guy was hilarious. I was giggling and drooling, and my mouth was being drilled and gauzed and all that jazz, but I really liked the guy. Thank God I'm not sensitive, and I have a great sense of humor. He's probably a fun dad too, and just a cool guy to hang with. For some reason, I got a brief history of how he gambled at the races, and played some kind of poker game that could have won him a lot of money, but his full house lost to a better full house.

Just random stuff, but he was a REAL guy, not "Mr. I AM YOUR DENTIST AND I AM A DOCTOR AND I KNOW WAY MORE THAN YOU." Just a guy who gambles and likes baseball, and doesn't like Crackers. Now, when you're drooling and laughing and numb from the right half of your face to the back of your head, he's the guy to have around.

Seriously!

No comments: