Thursday, November 30, 2006

Yes, they really do that stuff

Today I had a "Wow" moment. It wasn't a good wow though. We dropped Jack off at school. We ran some errands. We went to Ms. Deena's music class. We were early and men were painting in her hallway so we (Nate, Maddie and I) went into an adjacent classroom lest I be the one repainting where there were tiny handprints on the wall.

It was a huge room. HUGE to run around in. And run my 17 1/2 month old did. With my keys. Straight to the ONE non childproofed outlet in the room. I didn't think kids really did that stuff. It was sorta made up by saftey people to scare us new moms. But yes, they really do. Luckily I caught him before he did any damage.

Note to self: Don't tell a child NO when something is dangerous. It gives the allure of the forbidden. Then they'll want to do it even more. Not sure what the other option is, but don't make something bad look appealing by giving it a red light.

Please tell me my kids aren't the only ones trying to electricute themselves!!

1 comment:

jen said...

Joey used to do that all the time, his mom still talks about it! Don't worry he turned out just fine:)
Jen