Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Peace

I'm not usually a fan of country music, but can't help love this music coupled with the amazing artistic images. My cousin Erin is an incredible artist, for some reason some of the images made me think of her, and her beautiful talent. I regret only that the ability to create art is not a talent I inherited from my dad's side of the family. She however, was blessed, and I love telling people that I am related to a bona fide artiste!!

Back to the song...There is something so powerfully peaceful about the lyrics, listening to the words makes me realize my babies are ever more precious. There are so many horrible things in this world, I am glad they can "keep the world at bay for me."

I am thankful this year for my blessings times three. Although they never really are "peacefully silent" they are my salvation. Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQvD5tdTHW8

2 comments:

jen said...

I am not a big fan of country either, but I love the dixie chicks! This song is my favorite on the new c.d. and if you want a copy of the cd let me know and I will burn you one! They have a great lullabye on there too.
Jen

Weiss Women said...

The Dixie Chicks are the best! I went to their concert last night and they sang this song. It really almost brings tears to your eyes. It was amazing.