Monday, November 20, 2006

Power Rangers at church

Yesterday, Jack had a Sunday School lesson on giving thanks. I'm trying to get him to realize that holidays are more than just presents, Santa Claus and food.

At the end of class, he very proudly showed me the class mural. Kids had said, "I'm thankful for mommy", or 'butterflies' or "birdies". Jack had drawn a blue and black scribble. "Look mom, I'm Thankful for Power Rangers".

Mind you, this is a show he's never seen. He's just been in contact with it because boys at school talk about it (peer pressure at 3?).

I consulted the teacher, did he REALLY say he was thankful for (gasp) Power Rangers??

No, according to her, "He's really Thankful for the Power Rangers he's going to get for Christmas".

Oh, Really, huh?

Hmmm......

1 comment:

jen said...

My standard comment to Jonathan has always been "Santa doesn't get you presents mommy won't let you play with, sorry." The great thing is he gets it and moves on and that never happens. Ahh the magic of Santa!

Jen