Monday, August 03, 2009

Omaha Bound

Sure, I should be packing, since I'm leaving in 2 hours and haven't finished my stuff yet. Sure, I should be getting the car ready. I know I should. But I need my coffe, e-mail, and facebook ing all done first. And I also decided to blog.

I LOVE Omaha. It's like the best kept secret ever, notwithstanding the Counting Crows song about it. The people are great, the zoo in fantastic, and they have a great pumpkin patch in October. I'm taking the kiddos by myself on a road trip with a slight detour in Iowa to visit some friends, the children's museum, and this place: http://www.mvr.usace.army.mil/coralville/devonian_fossil_gorge.htm

Looks pretty cool to me.

So, I will be gone, and John will be here taking care of business, like working and boring stuff like that.

I have been busy preparing for this trip by going for an hour and a half run yesterday and then going out to dinner w/my hubby. It was nice to eat some bread and oil and re-carb up after the run, order a bottle of wine and get loopy after one glass because I wasn't rehydrated enough yet, and then enjoy my lobster fettuccine. YUM! It was VERY NICE to eat a hot meal and converse and people watch and catch up. I felt full, but not overfull, and just heady enough from the wine to enjoy a GREAT night's sleep. We didn't even have to worry about driving the sitter home, since her mom came and got her! NICE!

I am now going to burn myself some music from my i-tunes, because I can't plug in my ipod as I've borrowed my friend's British speaking GPS we lovingly refer to as "Becks". I like to imagine David sitting next to me telling me which way to go. It's nice. I also got super ambitious and rented "Jane Eyre" on tape to listen too as I drive. Soooo, until I get home,

Au Revoir Illinois!

I'm sure that when I come home I'll have lots of pictures and stories to tell!

No comments: