Sunday, August 16, 2009

Oh Omaha, How I Had Missed You!

I can say A LOT about Omaha. They do have a great zoo, where the animals are in very natural habitats. Like in the jungle. The hippos swim in water with jungle plants surrounding them, unlike at my local zoo (which I love in it's own way) the hippos are in big concrete cages.

I think the best part of the trip for the kids though, were the 2 waterslide parties we went to. One was at Julianne's house, and because the yard gets so completely saturated, the other was at her friend Leslie's. This waterslide is so cool, and it was like going to a waterpark for free. The boys had a fabulous time, the baby wouldn't go near it. I enjoyed the parties mostly because there was really good food involved. And I got to meet some of Julz's friends and their kids. Surprisingly, a good chunk of the people at the partays were transplants from the Chicagoland area. Interesting.

Check out this almost surfer dude pose! I love it.
This is the waterslide assembled and in all it's glory. So very cool. Literally. And he goes down!


Okay, isn't this the cutest baby? I couldn't resist putting her pic up. She was soooo sweet and happy and just able to roll with the flow.



Here's Julz filling her bladder. It's part of the waterslide, I swear.


The trip inevitably went very fast. I can't believe we've been home just over a week already. The funniest thing was every night we'd put our kids to bed around 7-8 or so, and sit down and start chatting. The next thing Julianne and I knew it was almost midnight. We have that gift...we just have so much to talk about I suppose and it goes easy. Everyone should have friends like that.
Can't wait to share my zoo photos and dish on the "Skyfari" experience. And oh, it was an experience!



1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

Your kids are so much fun! We are so glad that you came to visit us. It might take about 1 year for you to recover from your trip out here...just in time to come again! I can't wait to sit on the porch and talk all night again with you!