Sunday, August 09, 2009

My Little Monkey

I am currently formulating lots of blog entries in my head regarding our vacation to Omaha and Iowa. We had a grea time and I took 291 pictures. I am resting today after a 9 and 1/2 hour drive (no, it's not supposed to take that long- THAT is a story unto itself) by playing with my photos and blogging.

I took these pics before we left for Nebraska. Sure, she's not quite 3. She's amazing. She's potty trained,can ride a bike, a scooter, and do the monkey bars. While on vacation, she had on the cutest dress that buttons down the front with tiny buttons. She HAD to button them herself. HAD to. She told me to "Go way wight now!" And I did, and 15 minutes later she had that thing buttoned. This is at the end of her climb, just to prove I'm not making up her abilities.

I took this one (below) to prove how far away I was taking pics while she went across.


Check out her arm muscles! Check out that core!
I love Maddie a lot, but what I think I love most is that she is sooo fiercely independent, and then a snuggle bug all in the same sentence. I truly believe there are great things in store for this chick.



1 comment:

NYST8OM said...

oh my gad, she really can move across those bars! For 3, that's great coordination. She in gymnastics or anything?