Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Some Goings Ons

Oh yes, she is FAB! Freeeeeeezing!

Cousins in the pool.



Bryce is in Jail.
Auntie is fixing Maddie, while simultaneously yelling at me to not cut her bangs (I don't, they just grew that way) because her hair looks better without them. I say who cares? She's not even 3 yet.


We've finally been able to start hitting the pool, having barbecues with friends and family, and make final arrangements for our upcoming trip to Omaha. We're all VERY excited to be going. Well, the KIDS and I are excited. Daddy's hanging at home and working, but that is a-okay.
Jack update:
I met with our doc yesterday and Jack is officially OFF all dairy. We may retest his allergies in 2 years, but the doc suspects that he won't grow out of it. For now, we let him have Rice Milk, and soy cheese and yogurt. It tastes kind of gross, but I think in the end we may all wind up being unintentionally a bit healthier, as dairy products are in everything on the market. Check out any crackers, cookies, or other processed packaged goodies. All contain milk or milk powder. Or eggs. It could be worse, we could have to add wheat/gluten to that too and wind up eating nothing except celery and such.
His worst allergy is of all things 'mold'. It's a severe allergy and could cause asthma like symptoms this fall, but we won't know until October how to treat it. Thank goodness we are already the proud owners of a nebulizer, just in case of emergency. I'm also going to start traveling with Benadryl just in cae Jack eats something dairy on accident...since his throat gets itchy and he said it's hard to swallow.
Fortunately, I've found the Vegan food list at Trader Joe's to be helpful, although their soy cheese still contains casein. I'm looking for soy or rice cheese that is completely dairy free, so if anyone knows of anything good, fill me in!




1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

Oh Boy...bring the Benadryl. Mold? Is that like wet dust? Because I have dust at my house...I will consult with you on the groceries before you come! We will Soy this joint out! Maybe Olivia will even drink some. Can't wait for you to get here! Check out our new communal blow up waterslide we have now. We will have a big playdate one day next week!