Saturday, June 13, 2009

Number:363- Wave:20 -Wave Color: Yellow -Swimming in 65 degree weather? Priceless

Tomorrow, Sunday the 14th, I will be on the road by 4 a.m., to be at my tri race by 5 a.m. My wave goes out at 8:16 and I am one of 2,000 competitors Though I may not be in tip top race form, I'm totally ready. Sort of.

It is raining and cold out. The race expo was OUTSIDE under tents today. I was so mad, as we all know how much I love being wet and cold. Today's weather has not put me in the mood to do a race tomorrow. June in general has not had me in a mood to do much of anything.

Our race director told a funny story during the course talk today. He said a few years ago, two women got to the bike part of the race and wondered what the hell they had gotten themselves into with this whole triathlon thingy and decided to just head to a local Starbucks instead of riding 13 miles and then running 3. Not a bad idea, except they still had their race chips on, which is basically your timing chip AND big brother rolled into one, so the police were literally out doing rounds looking for these women because the worst was feared. I'm not sure what the moral of this is, except if you're tired you can always cash in your chips, so to speak (ba dum dah--sorry for the pun).

So tomorrow, away I go. tonight, it's early to bed for me!

No comments: