Monday, June 29, 2009

Bass Lake

Last week, (on my birthday to be exact) I took the kids on a 3 hour adventure into Indiana to my college roommate's cottage. It was dubbed the N.B.R., or the No Bra Retreat-aptly named as we spent 15 hours a day in swimsuits because it was 100 something degrees with the heat index and all.

We stayed in a tiny cottage- my guess is somewhere maybe around 1000 sq. feet, if that. And we had over 20 kids with their mommies in the cottage. It was a total blast. There were also 3 other cottages full of mom's and kids who were heading to the lake for their family reunion, so the place is set up unbelievably kid friendly.

This is Nate, driving the Gator.
Making faces.

Posing.


Eating with a smile.

Down by the lake. Jack went tubing a few times, and I don't think he got out of the lake the entire week except to sleep and eat. He LOVES the water!



Check this out. The pier is L shaped to keep the kids in the shallow area and they have it set up with a sweet huge playground slide.

Nate going down.



There is also a paddle boat the kids can drive around the little cove area.


Skinny Minnie--She barely ever went past the water past her toes. She doesn't have much a sense of adventure yet.



I'll have to post more later. There's many a thing I should be doing right now...like making sure my daughter has undies on...






1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

Happy Belated birthday!!