Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fader's Day

Sunday for most everyone else was Father's Day. Sunday in my house was Nate's Birthday! Eventually I'll get around to posting pics of Jack's birthday (really, can I be any busier?) but since I'm supposed to be packing for a vacation I'm leaving with the kids on in 3 hours and instead I'm blogging, I'll catch up piecemeal.

This was the first time we've separated the boy's birthdays since they're so close in June, and I'm so glad we did. Nate was so happy to have 'his day'.

Such a happy big brudda.
Nate wanted Chocolate cake. So, I found the most chocolatey cake I could...dark chocolate fudge and then I used 2 whole cans of milk chocolate icing. If you enlarge the pic, you can see there's about 2 inches of frosting in the middle there. It was awesome.

some may say this is a cake wreck. I say it's Nate's very own. He wanted blue and green writing, and one of each kind of sprinkle we had, so of course I obliged. So what if the writing is messy? I was trying to get as much on as I could!

Because we needed more guns.

I think the best part of his day was licking the bowl.

This is a machine gun that shoots foam bullets. It shoots about 25 in 8 seconds or something ridiculous like that.



This is Nate at his Nast E Cheese party. He is SO excited!

Worth every penny we spent.



Except for maybe this. THIS I submitted to cakewrecks. We had to put the boulder and Indy on ourselves but had a hard time what with all the swamp grass and all. At least it was chocolate.


Before Indy arrived.












2 comments:

Keri Speidel said...

You're in charge of the cake for my birthday next year!

Weiss Women said...

I want a piece of that cake wreck you made!! And the Indy cake is scary! Swamp grass...it's what's for dinner!