Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Dog Did It Mom!

Don't let that angelic smile and seemless charm fool you. This kids gunning for an award as The Next Tom Sawyer. No lie. He will get away with it all.
Me, getting ready for shower. Getting towel, turning on water. Hearing, "That's just GAROSS! I'm telling mom!" Stomp. Stomp. Stomp.
Enter into my room a 3 and 1/2 ft. tall Darth Vader.
"Mom! There's poop on the floor! The Dog came in and poopeddid on the faloor. It's so gaross!"
Me: "The dog did it! I hate that dog. Let's go check it out."
Sure enough, the dog poopeddid on the floor right in front of the bathroom. Maddie, however, sweet and innocent little girl doing a spectacular job potty training, is running around pants-less. And Panty-less too.
Me: Ummm...Maddie, did you not make it to the bathroom in time? Did you poop on the floor?
She: No mommy!
Me: Naaate, did Maddie poop on the floor?
He: No Mom! The Dog did it!
Me: What dog sweetie?
He: The one that SOMEONE let in and it pooped on the floor and then it ran out!!!!
Me: Stupid dog. Okay, Mads, let's get some clothes on. It's too darn cold to be half nekkid.
I had a little conversation about that dog with John tonight. He needs to train it better.
Then he reminded me we don't have a dog.

4 comments:

Keri Speidel said...

Must have been in the air....
p.s I need some good tunes to workout to, send me a list when you have time :)

Weiss Women said...

I was thinking "Oh they got a Dog!!" but no...just kids shatting on the floor. My new dog shat on the floor this morning and I thought it was a tootsie roll. Sadly it wasn't.

jen said...

Ok I'm either peeing myself or crying when I read your blog...the dog did it??!! For a second I thought you got a dog too! Seriously where does he come up with this stuff! AND he was being so sweet lying for his sister. In my house there would have been finger pointing and a simultanious he/she did it!
Shit on the floor...I'm still laughing!
jen

Melissa said...

Hysterical!