Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Aaaaand We're back to Normal!

Doc called Monday to tell me (disturbingly enough) that he was looking at "My nice normal Pap". That is good news, in light of what has transpired over the past week.

Recap: Went in for a pap re-do because of the abnormal one in April and then the precancerous colon polyp incident. I was determined to also have a mammogram script in hand before I left his office.

Outcome: Through conversation and internal exam (always fun, eh, ladies?) doc determined that my cervix didn't look right, and it started bleeding during the pap scrape. Thus, he took out what I dubbed is "matchstick o' fun" and chemically cauterized my cervix. Left without the mammogram script because my doc rationalized how it didn't need to be done yet. (Could've done without the tutorial on how I can never go more than 5 years without a colonoscopy, AND the lecture on HPV and colorectal cancer in the male homosexual population).

In a nutshell: 3 phrases that DO NOT BELONG together, ever: 1.)cervix 2.)Cauterize and 3.)Ashy...yes, I'm gonna write it...it's as bad as moist...DISCHARGE. Ugh. The process itself didn't hurt, the after effects were to say the least uncomfortable.

Hopefully this will clear up the unnecessary bleeding, although for whatever reason I'm still bleeding, and may potentially need more testing if it continues. But I don't care....my Pap was normal and nothing scares me more than random cervical cancer. I searched for 2 days reasons to do a cervical cauterization and couldn't find anything that didn't have something to say about cancer until my friend Jenny dropped everything to find something tangible for me to be able to sleep at night.

So, for the moment, I'm relatively healthy. And I plan to stay that way.

No comments: