Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Worst Damn $140 Bucks I ever spent


I went today to have my Wisdom teeth removed, and now I look like a puffy faced monkey. I was awake the entire time because during the initial consult I was still breastfeeding and didn't want to contaminate my daughter with drugs. Right now, I'm not sure what the hell I was thinking at the time. They weren't impacted, shouldn't be a problem. How dumb am I?
I am so numbed up...they had to give me the max dosage of novocaine because my bottom jaw wouldn't numb up. Every time that scalpel went in I felt a cut. Doc was borderline going to send me home to come back another time to put me under since I was at the point of almost overdosing. Fantasmic. I told him to just "Git er done" But with all the blood and gauze in my mouth it was more like "mmmmfffmmm, tolerable"
Bottom right Wisdom (what a misnomer. Wisdom my ass) somehow lost it's root in the process so my semi-numbed bleeding mouth endured drilling and scraping of the jawbone. Long story short, a 45 minute scheduled appointment turned into an hour and a half later getting home and sending John and the kids immediately out for my painkillers. I was going to try and not take them, but if they make me drowsy enough to get a teeny bit of sleep tonight, dammit I'm taking them.
As I said, worst $140 I ever spent. Next time I feel the need to spend that money I'm going to the spa. No facials for a while though. Oh happy drugs, where art thou?

2 comments:

Weiss Women said...

You didn't have them knock you out? Oh no!! I had them out last December (all four were impacted) and it was a horrible experience. I am so sorry you are going through this! Hopefully your recovery time will be quick! And John gets your meds fast!
love, Julianne

jen said...

Never let them remove any part of your person or stick anything up or down you without REALLY good drugs. This is a valuable lesson learned... you are not to be a marter ever again!! In the mean time I hope your husband is taking care of you! Ch. milkshakes(no straw) were my friends!
Jen