Thursday, August 02, 2007

Officially Done

As of Monday, July 30th 2007, I am no longer Breastfeeding. Just 2 weeks shy of her first birthday, I think I did okay. I was getting tired of it, and frankly, I'm pretty sure she was too, since by then it was nursing before bed and I think she had the attention span to do it for about 3 minutes total. It was time to be done.

I'm a little sad though, now that my body is truly back to being my own, and now will be for the rest of my life. For FIVE years, I have been either pregnant, or breastfeeding, (save for a 3 month break between Jack's birthday and pregnancy w/ Nate) and now that crowning achievement of my life is over with for good. There will be no more first smiles, first birthdays, or first steps.

On the flip side, there will be no more cracked and bleeding nipples, first cutting of a tooth and being up all night, or first trip to the ER for any of them.

There will be other firsts: First Disney trip (someday), First Baseball games, first Ballet recitals and first dates.

Thank Goodness I'm not PMS'ing anymore, this would make for one melancholy post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is absolutely disgusting... i cant believe you wrote this.