Monday, August 13, 2007

Vanity

I was feeling a bit icky today. I don't know why, but my face is breaking out, and I think I gained 2 lbs. over the weekend. I was feeling hairy, a bit like my friend Frida Kahlo here. Only, she was able to embrace her unibrow and "almost mustache". I personally despise body hair, so on a whim, at the gym I decided to get my eyebrows waxed. This is nothing unusual, however, I also opted for a lip wax. I just didn't want to look like this anymore.....


The problem is, I am allergic to the wax (I was told today) and so may wind up with a bunch of tiny pimples on my upper lip for the big family birthday bash we're throwing for Maddie on Saturday. If it gets bad, I may end up looking like a leper, but as I said, it was a whim. I don't want to look hairy, or diseased for that matter. It is a lose/lose situation.
Don't get me wrong, body hair is fine on other people. I just can't stand the upkeep myself.
Any advice on the hairy lip would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Weiss Women said...

I don't have a hairy lip. Can't help you there. But I too suffer from a unibrow if not properly maintained. The first time I got it waxed was probably my senior year of high school. The nice Asian lady said "I have nuf for ho other eyebrow here". I guess that's waxing humor. I told her to stick it between her eyebrows and we would be twins. Just kidding! I am pretty sensitive to it all and sometimes get pimples too. I am read for about 24 hours. I don't have any advice, but I can feel your pain. Ever had the Vjay-jay waxed? Worse than giving birth. Could use an epidural in that situation too!

Weiss Women said...

I meant red.