Monday, February 19, 2007

On Weddings

A vision of a bride and groom, just living it up and having a GREAT time. I love it! Beautiful, even at 2 a.m.


We went to a GREAT wedding this weekend. Just Great..., and I got to thinking, what makes a wedding great? The food, the dancing, the liquor? No, It's all about the people. (But the liquor helps!)




Some people may get to attend one great wedding in their lifetimes, I've had the privilege of attending several...my college roommate's, my gradeschool best friend's, my friend Danielle's wedding, and recently Kristin and Jim's.


The bride was in a simple dress, and she looked beautiful. She had on a minimal amount of makeup, so she didn't look all "done up", and was a vision of pure, classic beauty. Note the above picture, taken at the END of a very long day for her I'm sure, and she still looks great. I'm more than slightly jealous.


The entire ceremony and reception you could tell they were just HAPPY. Happy to have everyone there celebrating with them, happy to be in love, happy to be sharing the beginning of their life together with everyone. They are two of the kindest, most generous people you'd ever want to meet as well. In lieu of favors they donated money to her school (she's a social worker for an alternative school in the burbs) so that a student could attend the school's summer program. That's just the kind of people they are.


I wish them all the best, and hopefully emulate their goodness. The world needs more Kristin's and Jimmy's!!!


No comments: