Saturday, February 24, 2007

Keep Your Pants ON!

Some people have to work at being funny. Some just are. Nate is one of those kids that are just funny. Here he's trying to wear his sister's fancy schmancy pink fur coat, for no other reason than it seemed like a good idea at the time. Lately we have been having a HUGE problem with Mr. Nate, also known as "El Tanko" (The Tank), Sasquatch, Bull in a China Shop, and Little Urlacher. He won't leave his pants on. We are constantly heard in this house shouting, cajoling, pleading, begging, and ordering, "Keep your pants on". We don't know why, but he's apparently most comfy in a t-shirt and diaper.

Last week I called my mom and said "Listen to this mess". Nate was screaming, almost tantruming. She kept asking "What did you do to that poor baby??"

"Poor Baby my ass....all I did was pull his pants up." It went on for about 5 minutes and I was laughing (without him knowing) while my mom told me I should crack him one. Had it not been more traumatic therefore effective to just pull his pants up everytime he pulled them down, I may have considered a swipe on the bum as an option. Otherwise, it was just fun to play the "You keep pulling them down buster, and I'll just keep pulling them up anyways" game.

He's a funny kid, like I said. We're just in trouble when he figures it out that sometimes we are in fact laughing AT him, not WITH him....

Oh well. C'est la vie!

No comments: