Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Brittney Mess

I am fully perturbed by this whole Brittney Spears "Thing". Excellent blogs have been written regarding her "issues" on www.weisswomen.blogspot.com, and www.momontherocks.com .

Here's my spin:
When we decided to have kids, it wasn't because "Hey, it's what you do when you're married", or "Hey, it would be fun to be a mom". (Although it IS fun). We both knew it would be a lot of work. A job full of sacrifices...I'd love to be furthering my career right now, collecting money in a 401k, but it's more important to me to provide a stable home for my kids, and a loving place for my husband to come home to everynight. Thus, I digress.

I made the decision to have kids with John based on several factors. I knew what kind of dad he would be. He would be home every night, some nights later than others, but that's because he's working his ass off so I can stay home and provide said stable environment for our kids. I knew he would provide for us and do the best he can for us as a family and what is best in the LONG RUN. Sure, I've been called cheap, but my 3 kids already have college savings accounts (not that they'll need them since they are all geniuses and will get academic scholarships....I'm not holding my breath for athletic scholarships...).

Back to Brit. The media spin on her recent craziness is that she could have some post partum issues going on, and 2 kids 13 months apart is really too hard blah blah blah and wahhhhh wahhhh!!! UM HELLO AND WELCOME TO MY CLUB!!!

I don't have the luxury of a NANNY getting up all hours with the kids.
I don't have the luxury of MAIDS keeping my shit clean.
I don't have the luxury of a BOTTOMLESS BANK ACCOUNT.
I don't have the luxury of being blessed with good looks and talent and a size TWO waist
probaby thanks to the luxury of my PERSONAL TRAINER.

Yes, I get it. I know Post partem depression is a chemical imbalance etc.... But it seems as if we claim poor poor Brit is just a VICTIM, then it seems as if she will never have to claim responsibility and absorb all that comes with the JOB of PARENTING!!! Did she not think it was going to be like this?

It just goes to show that money can't buy you any more than what money can buy you. And at the end of the day, who really needs more "things"? Obviously, they're not making some people very happy anyway.

No comments: