Sunday, January 28, 2007

MANVENTIONS

I swear to God, this was invented by a man.

http://www.motheringfromtheheart.com/Easy%20Expression%20Bustier.html

I saw an ad for it in a magazine. Why was it invented by a man?

1.) Women have enough to do. Now, not only can we provide nutrition for our infants, but we can do it "hands free" which allows us to multi-task, maybe throw in a load of laundry, or sweep the floor. Anything to make our domestic lives easier and give us more time to enjoy life, right?

2.) If I am given the task of having to either feed my baby, or pump in order to do so, I am taking MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT OF AT LEAST 20 MINUTES OF PEACE AND QUIET with the baby or pump instead of "multitasking". Most often this means plopping my happy ass on the couch and turning on Food Network. And I am OKAY with that.

3.) Seriously, just look at the contraption. There is no level of comfort in a pre-civil war type Bustier with breast pump shields sticking out. It's probably made of the most flexible whalebone too, just like corsets and such.

4.) Check out the advertising. Only a man would think that if a woman really wanted to engage in Hands free pumping, she'd just take a sit down and read her favorite trash mag and talk on the phone with our hair and make up done ever so casually.

Really, now they've almost gone too far.

2 comments:

jen said...

That is just sick. I have nothing to say about this utterly (no pun intended) disgusting contraption!
Jen

Anonymous said...

thats awesome. Dude, you have some great posts lately. This is totally a mans invention. and its funny to see this woman looking as though nothing is going on. Hey, Ill just talk on the phone and read a magazine while I MASS PRODUSE breast milk. LMAO!!!!!

where do you find this shit.