Sunday, January 28, 2007

Funny Things

Today we went to a baptism. It was very very nice. At the following luncheon though, I saw the funniest thing, and I'm probably the only one who was amused.

Our hosts were gracious enough to cater to all the young kids by providing pre-lunch snacks of goldfish and fruitsnacks along with some juiceboxes. There were a ton of little kids, so I was rather amused when I saw a group of MEN talking, presumably watching their kids, but eating the snacks provided for their children. These men were also in a small gaggle, looking for all the world like they were gossiping.

I'm not sure why it amused me. Maybe because you'd never see a MOM openly eating her kids' snack. We're better at sneaking a few in here and there. Maybe because men complain so much about women talking and eating together all the time I was amused to see MEN and DADS nonetheless guilty of this crime. Maybe it was the mental picture of DADS scarfing down fruit snacks while MOMS and WOMEN were feverishly putting out some awesome food right behind them on the buffet table.

I was probably mostly amused at the time because women work so hard at social functions and it is truly the men who reap the benefits and enjoy themselves the most. Seriously, think about Thanksgiving dinner, or Easter, or whatever. MOMS cook, MEN eat and leave their mess. Ahhh, gender roles......today I found them funny. Perhaps it was the lack of sleep???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude... BS on the men eat and just leave their crap. I am right there with you every fricken year.