Tuesday, January 09, 2007

He Had a GREAT Time...And Now I say ITS OVER BUD!

While John went away for the weekend (sorta a Christmas present from me-he flew first class on his dad's buddy pass) to Myrtle Beach for a friends 30th birthday my children decided to be sick, crabby, and cutting teeth. I do not have any grey hair yet, but my sanity is draining slowly. Can I plead insanity in court when one day I just walk out and go to Target for a while? You won't call DCFS on me, right?

I give the man credit, I do. All last week he worked from 5 a.m. until about 11 p.m. Apparently at his multi-kajillion dollar company with 80 bajillion employees, he is MOST useful. Unfortunately, when he works like that, he is useless to me. Any stay at home mom whose children are up at 5:30, do not nap, and go to bed around 8 knows what a LONG ASS day without a break that is. But, he needed a recharge from work and home, hence the trip out east.

However, hubby called earlier today to inform me he was keeping his weekly raquetball appointment after work today. Uh, Hello? I am coming down sick again (probably never got better, and lack of sleep makes it worse), the kids are beastly (still cutting molars with rampant ear infections), you have been pretty much absent in their lives for over a week, and you NEED to play raquetball?

Oh no sir. Oh no. The party is over, and I mean it.

I guess I'll just have to put the proverbial foot down when he gets home tonight.

From Raquetball.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need a girls night out!!! Me to:) Hope to see you soon.

Darlene