Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Thoughts and Prayers

I heard two things today that made me thank God for my blessings. I may not have anything to wear to my friends shower Saturday, I may only have one pair of jeans that fit, but I have 3 normal, healthy kids. I've got a million dollar family, really, and when I think of all the "THINGS" I'd like to have that I don't, I just remember what I do have and I am grateful.

I got an e-mail from a friend whose husband is very ill with viral encephalitis. I won't say her name, but I will ask for prayers. She has 2 young kids, babies really. Please keep her in your thoughts, hopefully the power of prayer will work and everything will be just fine. Having been thru Super Hubby's cancer scare recently, I can imagine how she feels and my heart is with her.

That is, my heart is with her if it can be torn in a million pieces thinking of a little girl at Jack's school (not in his class) who was found to have an AVM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arteriovenous_malformation

SHE IS FOUR YEARS OLD!!! She is having BRAIN surgery twice later in this month. And my husband and I thought it was a crisis that our STUPID TREE FELL DOWN!!! How awful are we??? Granted, we didn't know, but our problems are so so small. It is true that the Lord only gives us what we can handle because the worst I could handle was 2 kids hospitalized with Rotavirus, not BRAIN DISORDERS!! Think of her, please, and if you believe in a higher being (which I do, but question my beliefs on God and all that...another blog) pray pray pray for this little soul, and count your own blessings when your family sits down to Christmas dinner that someone YOU love is not in the hospital fighting for either their life or some semblance of normalcy from what their life used to be.

Thanks.

1 comment:

jen said...

This truly puts things into perspective...life IS good when you have health. Wealth does not come close to important when you are well and the members of your family are well. This year I will be thanking God for all of my blessings. Thanks for the reminder!
Love
Jen