Thursday, December 14, 2006

Everyone knows Nate

This is funny, really. Today, I rushed Jack to school and was getting ready to rush Maddie to the doc when my good friend Jenny said she'd take Nate to play with her little one. It worked out perfectly, and according to her, he was fine. I still think she's making part of that up, he's a boy, they get ornery.

Anyway, upon rushing back from the doc to see Jack's Christmas program in time, I met Jenny back at school. We were sitting together watching our children and conversing when she casually threw in an "Oh, by the way. Nate bumped his head in the playroom, but I didn't see a bump or blood." I was amused, only because everyone is just a little nonchalant now about Nate and his damn head wounds. He IS fine, really. And I'm glad he did it at her house because if ever I were questioned about abusing him, I can send DCFS directly and "do not pass go" to church, the gym, my grandmother, and my friend Jenny.

It is a relief that if he's going to hurt himself, it's not always on my watch. So says Mom of the Year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom of the Year...It seems as though they all get bumps and more bumps. Glad he is ok. Miss you.

Darlene

Anonymous said...

WME. It doesnt matter if it happened while you were on the clock or not. WME. lol

for those of you who dont know... WME- Worst Mom Ever.

Thats my sis