Saturday, December 09, 2006

The best smile

I haven't posted any photos of Miss M. lately and these are already a month old, but she has a great smile and laugh, even if she has the look of a balding old man. My mom gets mad because I call her Larry. When her hair is drying the little fuzz on the sides stick out and she looks like Larry from the 3 Stooges. The other day my sis in law took Maddie's baptism photo home and remarked how much like her father this kid looks. She does. And sometimes it's scary. She's a Mini John.
Madilynn seems so tiny to me compared to the gigantors the boys were at her age, but Hubby's family are like little Irish Leprechauns. They're all short and tiny, but have the biggest, most fun personalities. His Grandma was a firecracker for sure, and sometimes I ask Maddie if she's Grandma C reincarnated. Usually she laughs at me or smiles big, but I'm sure she really doesn't know what she's so smiley about...or maybe she does.

That's okay though, John's grandma rocked and I miss her. I just hope that if my daughter's genes truly carry from that side of the family that she has the spitfire in her that all the women on that side do. She's going to have to contend with these boys somehow!!!

No comments: