Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sick kids

Every one of em. Thank goodness there's only 3. Jack has pharyngitis and upper respiratory issues, Nate has an ear infection, and Maddie at the moment is only viral.

This however, has not stopped Jack from trying to sneak marshmallows and chocolate chips for breakfast. Here's dummy me telling the doc that "yah, his appetite has been low lately". Well DUH! It's because he is up at 5:30 sneaking the marshmallows you bought to have family bonding time and make Rice Krispy treats with. Just like the commercials, I had planned on spending loving, quality time baking with my boys and licking batter. I can hear the music in the background..."oooh, oooh, oh, somewhere over the rainbow...."

Nope! Plans ripped to shreds with evidence of gnarled Marshmallows which have now gotten hard from all the teeth holes in the bag. The tune continues...
"Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the KIDS are far behind me...where troubles TURN INTO lemon drops and I get to take a hot shower...somewhere over the rainbow"

Bliss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song. I am right with you girlfriend. Samantha has been sick since Sunday with the flu first and now a horrid cold with cough. I am getting out of the house tonight for coffee before I go CRAZY!!!! I am going to try and listen to that song (if I can find it) on the way to coffee. Hope to see you soon.

Darlene