Saturday, December 09, 2006

Refreshed on Mexican Food

Tonight I went to a wedding shower in the city at a Mexican restaurant, near Wrigley, in fact. It was awesome, we had Mexican food, Margaritas, and Dos Equis beer. There were about 30 women there, and I got to catch up with some friends I hadn't seen in a long time. I cannot tell you how excited I am about this upcoming wedding for my friend. Kristin was such a Godsend when I got married, she was a HUGE help.

I have been very blessed to have such awesome friends, but that's neither here nor there. This was probably the best shower I've ever been to, very laid back and casual, people got to talk to one another and have good conversations, and the food was Awesome. Watching her open gifts made me want to get married all over again, mostly so I could get some new stuff. I will NEVER go through what I went through when I got married again. Next time I'm eloping.

In fact, I wanted to elope (and now I'm rambling), or at least get married somewhere tropical, on a beach maybe with a bonfire and a pig roast. Hubby of the Year however, wanted to do the traditional thing, and I still am not sure why. To this day he says he wishes he could have spent more money so that it was a little nicer (for me). He was 23 and we did the best we could since we paid for most of it ourselves. It was fine.

Besides, I didn't need a HUGE beautiful wedding, (although it turned out perfect for me). I wound up with a beautiful marriage and 6 years and 3 kids later here we are (Our anniversary is next Saturday) still having a good time and waiting for the "hard" part of marriage to kick in.

So now that I have been refreshed with good food and conversation, and a bout of writing, I'm going to stagger exhaustedly up to bed.

Buenos Suertes!!!

No comments: