Monday, December 04, 2006

Injury of the Day (A Report)

Life is a dangerous sport for Nater Tater lately. In fact, after I told my mom about his latest head injury, she told me I shouldn't be taking him to the grocery store, people are going to think I abuse him. Since he's had 2 incident reports written on him in less than 24 hours, I feel relatively safe rom being arrested at least. However, there are those "questioning glances".

An Explanation:

Yesterday (Sunday) we did our usual routine of running out the door 5 minutes later than we should to get to church. I always take the kids into the sanctuary for the first 15 minutes, after which time Pastor does a children's service, and my kids go to the nursery to play. After church Jack goes to Sunday school, (which incidentally he missed yesterday). All was going well until I took communion and on heading back to my pew, the nursery babysitter came to get me. She was young, but her mom who runs it was there, so I felt safe leaving the kids. Poor Nate had fallen and hit his head. NASTY bump.
So Nasty we almost went to the ER because I was afraid of a skull fracture.

However, I knew he was okay when he broke free from my loving embrace (to hold on an icepack) to eat the donuts that the old people put out for "fellowship" time.

He's fine, by the way. Pastor called last night to see how he was doing, and so did the Nursery Lady. We win an award for sustaining the first injury in the nursery. They never saw my boys coming.

Explanation 2: I try to take the boys swimming every Monday since John works from home. Went early today and was mid-exercise class when the gym babysitter came to tell me that Nate bit his lip and now has a swollen, bleeding lip. Nice.

So, not only does my baby have a head wound he also has a fat lip. As I said, my butt is covered thanks to incident reports. Otherwise, with such an accident prone kid, I may be writing my next blog from the confines of a Child Protective Services Lockdown facility.

Merry Christmas, right?

1 comment:

jen said...

I hope you took some pictures! It sounds like a nasty wound! Maybe it could be a good christmas card. I can picture it now Jack and Nate(with his battered and bruised face) sitting together smiling and the baby (poor thing) sitting in the corner with a "what did I do to deserve this?" look on her face. and you could write "Merry christmas and No I didn't beat my son so don't call DCFS love, The Cricks"

It would be better if Jack also had bruises...but just wait, you never know!