Friday, July 24, 2009

Allergies. Oh what fun

We finally got Jack's allergy test results back and he is officially allergic to milk, eggs and mold. But mold doesn't count. Because, who ISN'T allergic to freaking mold?

I have decided to remove all dairy products from Jack's diet. John thinks I'm going overboard and I'm in panic mode. Well, duh. The kid's throat gets scratchy, and he actually said, "Mom, it feels like when I try to swallow there's something stuck in there." No anaphylaxis on my watch dude. No way.

The hard part is, milk and eggs (not mold) are in pretty much EVERYTHING. Read a label. I haven't figured out if it's the casein protein, or the lactase, but I'm guessing casein because if it were lactase he'd have gas and stomach pains. And diarrhea.

We meet with the doctor Monday to discuss the severity of the allergies, but I'm doing my best. Trying to coordinate meals for 5 people isn't easy. And then, I need to figure out if I should get my other two darlings tested.

If anyone has any good websites, vegan recipes or the like I'd love them! Really!
Thanks!

No comments: