Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Playing with The Camera

On Sunday I got quite the tutorial on my camera and how to use it from my friend Jen who takes really sweet photos. So I got home and started practicing with ISO's and the triangle of perfect pictures and white balance and all that. I'm slowly getting the hang of taking pictures in the preference setting and not relying totally on fully automatic.

Observe: My first pepper. Same picture, different shutter speed, and I think I put the setting on "cloudy" so that I could see how the colors changed.

The boys were playing ball, and I changed the setting to an artificial lighting setting, so they turned kinda blue.
This one turned out okay, but as luck has it, I cannot remember the setting I put it on. Figures.


I think I put this on some sort of half light setting, and he came out a bit orangey. I just find it interesting considering he was blue before.


Still looking for help and ideas if anyone has them on how to use this wonderful piece of machinery. I will still probably continue to use the automatic settings, since my photos haven't turned out to badly from that!



No comments: