Tuesday, December 09, 2008

We Done Got Our Tree!

If you know me, you know I love Christmas and everything about Christmas...everything from the Mall Santa to Christmas Eve Candle light service at church (when I get to go). Since Jack was born we have been doing our own family traditions, one of which is choppin' down our own tree. We also make it a point to pick the very coldest day of the year (like last Sunday) and we try to get there late, so that we're ALWAYS on the last wagon ride out of the forest...if we don't miss it and have to drag the tree and 3 kids through snowbanks while dodging horse manure. Ahhhh.....memories. It's very Griswoldy, especially if your eyelids freeze open.

Look at the ruddy tear streaked face! We hadn't even started yet! He was just so nice and cozy in the 82 degree car.
Mmmm...I'm pretty sure I see a future for Maddie that includes a prelit tree. She was dressed pretty warmly though, in her snowsuit AND winter coat, boots, gloves, hat, hood, etc.
And I quote: "Mom! Take a picture of me! I want to be the Angel Gabriel!"
And I think: Okay son. Glad you know who Gabriel is, (Sunday school is paying off, apparently), HOWEVER, I'm thinkin' that's a girl angel. Are there girl angels? I'll have to ask my bible reading friends on Sunday. There ARE girl angels in the precious moments Bible, not sure about the creepy children's Bible we have (Looong story).
Anyone...girl angels? Verdict?




We have a winna!!!! Soft needles and everything. Sweet! Lots of sthap though...loths of sthap.


On the wagon ride out. Jack was still singing about "The angel Gabriel from heaven came...glooooooria!"
PS: That's a Christmas card spoiler right there. Don't ya love it though? Livin' in the moment calls for crazy photos and unperfectly posed photos, and mostly photos I look like crap in. I don't care though . I love it. And I love those 4 others in the pic dearly.


What are your favorite traditons?

3 comments:

gailiop said...

That's a beautiful tree and great pictures :)

We cut down our own last year. Only to get it inside and discover that it was too wide for the tree stand and too high for our ceiling. So we actually had to get out the chainsaw (yes in the living room) and cut 4 feet off the bottom :) But it was an awesome tree.

Can't wait to see some pics of it decorated!

Keri Speidel said...

I'm totally jealous of the tree cutting thing...someday we'll resume that tradition when Brody stops destorying everything and pulling the fake tree over on himself. LOVE the music...can't wait to hear more!

Keri Speidel said...

p.s Not sure about the girl angel thing, but we have a creey children's bible too with scary lions and children of the corn faces..I'd stick with precious moments for now :)