Sunday, December 07, 2008

Baby Isabella's Baptism

Yesterday we had the privilege of being reunited with our good friends Matt and Rene' (who live in Myrtle Beach) and meeting their new baby daughter Izzi. Ya'll know I work with a lot of babies, and I can honestly say, this was one GREAT baby! She's so incredibly beautiful, but because the day was probably overwhelming for her, I didn't get any pictures. Suffice it to say, it's hard to believe she's her father's daughter, even though they share very similar looking cue ball heads!

In case you didn't know, Matt was the best man at both my wedding, and my sister's wedding. The 3 boys (Matt, John, and Craig) are like the 3 stooges. To know Matt is to love Matt. For our wedding, not only was he tanning, but he dyed his hair. So he was the orange groomsman with white hair. He took John to Taco bell, and almost lost our wedding rings in his rental tux. Sweet.

Matt is also infamous for going to Antarctica to be a fireman for 6 months. That's a true story, and one I reserve for my party jokes. I don't know if he saved penguins or what, but he DID send us an e-mail of himself jumping half nekkid (skivvies and nuthin' else) into some antarctic oceanic icehole. The subtext read, "That was the coldest and yet the most refreshed I have ever been" and I added in "craziest" just so that I could keep track of his antics.

Immediate family was part of her annointing, and the rest of us, family and friends got to enjoy a nice luncheon, courtesy of the baby's ever doting grandmas. Matt's mom is one of the nicest ladies you will ever meet, and Delores, (Rene's mom) is sweet as well. I'm slightly jealous of Matt and Rene' because they're leaving the baby with the grandma's for the week while they drive home to set up for their first family Christmas. Baby Isabella does not know how lucky she is to have 2 sets of grandparents who not only go out of their way to spend time with her, but spoil her and love her only as Gramma's can.

I DID take a few pics.

This is Nate on the way down. It was a rough day for him, as usual.
Aren't these the 5 cutest kids ever? My dear friend Kristin (and Izzi's Godmother) asked if my kids and Steph's kids get to see each other often. YES YES YES!!! Nate doesn't think Brooke is his cousin...she's his fwend! I love that our kids are close!

Sibling love....The smiles came on, threatened by a phone call to Santa if they didn't TRY to look happy!


The 4 big kids.



I love the holiday season. I wish we could see our close friends and family more! We are busy, but blessed to be so. I can't imagine what it would be like sitting at home ALL the time without sharing the season and our free time with those we love!

1 comment:

Keri Speidel said...

those are some kickin sweater vests. Almost beats Baylor's Christmas sweater :)