Monday, December 15, 2008

Breakfast With Santa

Saturday was a fabulous day...aside from John painting his office "Chicago Cubs Blue"-(It's a real color by Glidden, I swear)--But that is another blog for another day.

We went to the annual Breakfast with Santa outing at church. They had all you can eat pancakes, and sausage (which Nathan ate his weight in). We had so much fun meeting Santa (no line!) and then heading to the Bethlehem Village activities where the kids joined tribes (Jack was in Joseph's tribe, Nate in Reuben's, and Maddie in Isaacher), met with a census taker, made money bags and carved "coins" and even learned how to make their own abacus and sort of use it (okay, that confused me, which to be fair isn't hard to do, but that abacus stuff is why people later invented calculators.)

Merry Christmas from US!
The boys, giving Santa the low down.


This is the closest Maudie has gotten to Santa EVER! (Yes, I call her Maudie. John's grandma was Maud and little and spunky, reminds me of Madders there). This was our 6th and final visit to the big C just making sure that he had our lists right.


I love screaming on Santa's lap photos. LOVE them. I have a lot of them too, since I think they're funny. Someday she may thank me for it. Someday!



1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

What a great experience! We did a similar walk through Jerusalem thing last year at a neighboring church. They didn't have a Santa and really that looked like the perfect way to visit him! We have to write letters and pay him a visit yet!