Wednesday, October 01, 2008

She's following In MY Footsteps

Not too long ago, John and I were talking about Maddie when I mentioned how cute she'd look in her little tutu's. He informed me that she would NOT look good in tutu's, but would look very cute in her softball uniform. Hah. Truth be told, she probably has the build of a gymnast, tiny and strong, but I'm sooo hesitant to put her in a sport rife with injury, even though I'm sure she'd love it.

Ballet is very important to me. It defined my childhood, along with tumbling and acrobatics (Not to be confused with gymnastics, which I also did, but I prefered the contortionist work of an acrobat). Itasca was a pretty small town growing up, and all of us girls who were friends did Miss Marla's classes, and we did Swim Team, and we did Brownie's/Girl Scouts together. We grew up together and it was a blast. I hope she is as involved and makes friendships like the ones I had. It was a pretty darn good childhood. (And well rounded to boot).



She would keep jumping up and yell out "BALLET!!!". She thinks she's the bomb. How cute is that leotard? If you're in the market for one, I know Target has them cheap, but I got this one super cheap at www.danskin.com in their clearance section. It didn't even cost $12.

The tutu is from Tante Lynn. It's part of a fyfly (butterfly) costume, but it works well here.

Yes, you can see her ribs. It drives my mom nuts. I can't help it. The little carnivore DOES like to eat her meat!

Look at the bows as she does her twirlies. I love it.

She loves ballet, but wished she was on the muddy playset with the boys. I guess I can never win!

2 comments:

Keri Speidel said...

hey, I have one of those tu tu's too...I put it on in the evening and dance around the house like a fairy princess because I'm sick of the testosterone in the house :) She is adorable! I miss being girlie :)

Weiss Women said...

She looks beautiful! I love the pictures that you took. They have a professional quality about them. Maybe it is because of the model!