Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mr. Misunderstood

As previously mentioned, my schedule is ca-razy. Mostly, life involves running to speech and school. Maddie has her little 2 year old class and BALLET which she LOVES, and I have signed Jack up for gymnastics, not without a protesting heart attack from his father (because REAL boys don't do gymnastics, they do baseball, LAME). Jack loves gymnastics, and so do I. It is an all boys class, taught by a nice young guy, and we all know there aren't enough positive role models out there for those boys! Plus, it totally wears him out. Best money ever spent.

Nate, well, Mr. Misunderstood gets his swim lessons in, and speech 2 hours a week, and he and I get to spend quality time together in the afternoons while Jack is at school, and Madders naps.

Sometimes though, not napping after a full day takes its toll on Nate. He is a total couch potato, and he loves his sleep. Combine the two, and well, you have a fun photo op. (Yes, Keri, Maddie is Nekkid. She just likes it that way.)
Nate likes to bake with me. He also likes the "ball game" which is the Cranium Cariboo game. I highly recommend it, as it's a ton of fun.


He was very serious about these rice krispie treats. Even after burning his paws at least twice.
Nate's my little shopping buddy too. He's just a fun kid. He's also the funny kid. Even when he has 'burgers' coming out his nose, and I tell him to wipe, he'll retort "You go wipe your burgers mom!".
I'm not looking forward to bailing him out of jail for throwing keggers at 17, but he's just so funny sometimes it's hard to keep a straight face. I know, I know, the crap he pulls now won't be funny in a few years from now, but he truly has a good heart, and is always thinking of others, that I think deep deep down he's maybe part angel.
But poor Nater tater will always be Mr. Misunderstood, so I work that much harder to just "get" him. Maybe I overcompensate. I hope not.
However, if you know I've gone out of town and you see my driveway full of teenagers and beer, please let me know. He will be THAT kid...the funny popular one.
Who has Maddie inviting all her hot friends over.
Sigh...

No comments: