Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mom's B-day Fun

We finally celebrated my mom's birthday today. I hosted, because apparently I have the biggest house and can have 15 people here without a problem. It was fun. I decided to fondue for dinner, right down to the chocolate fountain. Pics are out of order, but enjoy.

Maddie's first word was "chocwate". Any guess as to why?
Brooke did not like chocolate Twinkies. She just ate the oreos. And Julianne, she just twisted them and licked the middle. Hmph.

Jack and Nate, enjoying dessert. I still don't know if they ate any 'real' dinner. I still don't really care, either.

Maddie does take a cute picture sometimes, even with chocwate on her face, doesn't she?


Maddie as a princess, antagonizing Uncle Wichie with a sword. The chick in pink can hold her own, don't you worry.






The boys. "Playing".




Mom enjoying the cheese fondue, courtesy of Richie.






Everyone Fondue-ing. We had a traditional oil fondue, and also a wine based mix that added such a great flavor to the precooked shrimp. Yum-o!





Who's skewer was whose? I lost 3, and found at least 4 potatoes at the bottom of the pot when I had to clean it.











Sauces and salad and Stephanie too.









The kids, dancing with Anna.








All the Meat. We had pork, regular beef, marinated beef, marinated chicken, regular chicken, and shrimp. Plus potatoes and mushrooms. I also bought a lot of dippies, like sweet and sour, garlic chile, teriyaki, and Thai peanut. I also had Rich pick up a horseradish sauce. So fun!












And of course, the star of the show. The 7 week old, darn near 13 pound moose also known as my favorite nephew.





I enjoyed myself tonight, even though I had a lot of prep and cleanup work to do. I think the best part is that all the kids had such a good time together.
Isn't that what cousins are for? I'm so glad these 5 will be close. They really know they are each other's family, and I am so grateful.
Now, just to get ready for dad's birthday. Who's hosting that one???







This last photo is of Jack and his cherub choir. He sang for the first time in church today, and of course Oma and Opa didn't miss it for the world. Nothing is more important than being there for these guys, and they know it, and love it, and look forward to when they come.


I'm so proud of Jack too. He did so awesome singing about his friend Jesus. I thought he'd get all nervous, but he did really well.
I am so lucky and blessed with such awesome kids.
What a happy, proud, exciting day!










No comments: