Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Five Things I Hate To Admit

I've been tagged by Keri, so I now have to post on "Five Things I hate To Admit". This is hard, but I'm going to try. Even if I don't 'tag' you, you can write in the comments anything YOU hate to admit. I'm curious anyways.

I officially tag (whether you choose to write to me publicly or privately is up to you):
Cheryl, Julianne-when you get home from Disney, Ummm, Leslie-AKA Mom on the Rocks, and Jen K, and Aunt Eileen. In turn you will all tag five people,he he he.

1.) I hate eating, food, or anything that has to do with a meal. I do not enjoy feeding my children because it's either a battle or a disaster, and they're always trying to eat on my lap or off of my plate. I do not live to eat, I eat to live, and if I happen to miss a meal, so be it. It works for my piece of mind. I also berate myself every time I put the fork to my lips, or eat anything. How much fat is in this? How much will I have to work out to burn it off? Eating is a total mind f**k for me, so if I can avoid it I do. Lots of issues going thru the teen years, self-esteem, etc, etc. This is a VERY personal thing that I'm just realizing and it's coming to light is hard, so no negative comments.

However, I DO make my family sit together and eat dinner everynight, because I find that togetherness important. Except I'm usually running around getting milk, or refilling a plate or what have you. Sort of like in "The Christmas Story" when the kid says, "My mother hasn't eaten a hot meal in 9 years." That's my favorite part.

2.) I wish I could be one of those super skinny, super organized, super moms. But things just don't work out that way. If I can't be super skinny due to genetics, I'd take super organized, but I seem to work best when frazzled. I'm not sure why.

3.) I secretly point out kids in a random crowd that could probably use some type of therapy. I don't always TELL people, but I file it as useless information in the back of my head. Bad habit I'm trying to break.

4.) I don't like smelly people. Or when people smell. I have a hard time working out at the Y when the buff big daddy wanna be's are trying to be cool and they walk around and stuff but they STINK!

Straight from an experiment on pheromones, I don't mind John post workout. He doesn't have a
stink per se, but I don't know how to describe it. I suppose it's why we're married, our body chemistry works. Except for when his feet stink. That's just not pleasant for anyone in a 6 mile radius. But feet gross me out too, so I guess it's all related.

5.)I am dreading the appointment I have on the 30th to check out some medical "issues". I'll blog on it more later, because it's a very sensitive topic right now. I'm pretty sure I'm going to wind up having a very 'degrading' surgery, but I'll just talk about that when I'm ready. Don't worry it's nothing major. Just, uh, gross.

And that is all that I can soul search and find that I hate to admit to right now.
Anyone care to offer up their own ideas?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tagging me Douche Bag!

C.

Keri Speidel said...

I secretly hate food too...except french fries :) I feel the exact same way, so never fear. You're beautiful no matter what.

jen said...

Things I hate to admit....

1. I hate admitting when I am wrong, I do it anyway but I hate it.

2. I am a Barry Manilow fan. It's my mothers fault.

3. I too eat to live Often skipping meals

4. I am a horrible house keeper. Everybody knows that but not to the extent I know it is.

5. My children watch way more t.v than they should.

You asked for five and there you are.
Jen

Anonymous said...

Jen-
I totally know what you mean by randomly picking out kids in public that need therapy - I think you and I have even done this together a few times. Let's get together soon and find our next victoms, uh I mean patients. What a great bonding experience!