Thursday, September 11, 2008

Time Makes me Bolder, as My Children Get Older

I've been avoiding posting these, because, well, maybe Madders is the youngest in the fam., but Nate is totally my baby. He's just that kind of guy.

This is him on his first day of preschool last week.
"And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills...."
So happy. Recognize that shirt Cheryl?
"Oh. mirror in the sky, what is love? Can the child within my heart rise above?"
"Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides?"
"Can I handle the seasons of my life?"
"I've been afraid of changing because I've built my life around you. But time makes you bolder, children get older"
And sadly, I am getting older too.
I hope I've given them enough love to climb mountains, or do whatever they want to do.

3 comments:

sauerkrautpolka said...

I'm sure Nate will get all the chicks in school considering he has his barndoor open in the second picture.

Weiss Women said...

Augh!! So sweet! I love that Dixie Chicks song too. Makes me tear up a bit! love,J

Weiss Women said...

No I did not know that the Dixie Chicks didn't do that song first! I assumed (and you know what happens then) that they wrote it while staring at their new babies. I must hear the other versions!