Thursday, September 04, 2008

Juh...Juh...Juh...J is For Jina (Rhymes with Dinah)

Since school began a week ago, Jack has been proving his phonetic prowess. If I say, "Jack, get everyone a fork for the dinner table" he'll say "Fuh, Fuh Fork. Starts with F". He does it with a lot of words. It's kind of fun to hear him understanding this fun beginning stage of reading.

Now, on to my story. It's a good one. Disclaimer: I sincerely believe in teaching kids the correct names of ALL parts of their anatomy. I think it's silly to have pet names for private parts, and am hoping to reduce snickers and discomfort come 5th grade and sex ed. That being said....

The Scene:
The kids getting into the bath. Actually, just the little ones, Jack showers himself.

John was getting Maddie in the tub, and she said she had to go "pee pee potty". She usually does before bathtime, and as soon as we get into the swing of things with school schedules, I'm going to start potty training.

Anywho....she peed. John was in the bathroom and said, "Okay, now, uh, wipe your uh, stuff." This from the same dad who about 32 thousand times a day is heard yelling loud and clear various catch phrases such as, "Stop playing with your penis!", or "Leave your Penis alone", or "Your going to hurt your penis", or "If you yank on your penis one more time...".

I informed him that Maddie calls "her stuff" her "Jiney". I'll let it slide, since she's still kinda learning to talk and vagina is hard for her. Jack heard me saying "Just tell her to wipe her jina for crying out loud!" and followed up with "Juh...Juh...Juh Jina! It starts with a J, just like my name..Juh Juh Juh Jack!"

Juh Juh Juh John gave me "the look" and said when a note comes home from the teacher I have to handle it.

I don't mind at all. Really, for crying out loud, it's just the human body. Sheesh!

2 comments:

Weiss Women said...

That is fuh fuh funny!! We also called it a jineea for a while. And a peanut. As soon as the speech kicked in a bit better they call them the correct parts! It is what it is! Just because Oprah calls it a vahjayjay doesn't make it right! love, Julianne

Janice said...

ok I came across your blog from Keri's and have to say that is hilarious! My daughter pronounces it vagiant, now that cracks me up every time. I just hear it in my head being pronounced by the guy who does all the monster truck rally commercials! Brings me to tears.