Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Baby is Turning 2, and Yay for the Air Getting Fixed

Yesterday I had to bite the bullet and get our air conditioning fixed. Lucky for us, one of Jack's friends from preschool has a dad in the biz, so he didn't charge us for labor, and only charged us cost for the parts we needed. Still dropped a $268 bomb, something we could do without at the moment, but with 100 degree heat indexes predicted for the next few days, I conceded we needed to turn it on. We are NOT 'AIR' people. I prefer fresh, cool, outdoor air which has been wonderful the past several nights. I have also been known to open windows in January just for fresh air's sake, and I know most people think I'm part crazy (duh...see the blog name?).

On to more important things. Maddie's birthday is in a few weeks and I am at a complete loss as to what to get her. She has taken to carrying a purse, or gift bag full of her first birthday cards and calling it her "pack". She carries them over the shoulder like an old lady, which I find really funny, since I don't think she's ever seen me carry a purse. Just a big diaper bag. Having had the joy of raising both, I really believe there is a difference between boys and girls. She likes her babies, and I'm not quite sure who taught her the evil word "Barbie", but all on her own she picked out Barbie fruit snacks last week. She calls them, "My Bobby Car!". Maybe since Steph got her a Barbie VW bug for Christmas....hmmm...?

It's okay though, because while this tomboy is busy raising a girly girl, I get to smile real big when she 'shoots' at people driving by our Cul De Sac, and when she plays Cars, and Transformers too. However, since we have ugly boy action figures coming out the wazoo, any help on what to get a 2 year old girl for her birthday would be great.

I cannot believe it's August. What happened to my summer? I had such good intentions...children's museums, the zoo, lots of fun stuff after my triathlon and all that training...and then POOF! Summer's almost over! What did we do for the past few months? I'm not too sure, but my kids have great tan lines, and they seem happy.

Sigh. Now real school begins. I'm so sad, so excited, and really, I could have another kid (okay, emotionally, definitely NOT physically) were it not for the fact that I'd feel like I'd be playing roulette, and saying...No Whammy, No Whammy, No Whammy STOP! in order to get a totally normal, healthy human being to raise.

For now, we'll take 2nd birthdays, kindergarten, and preschool head on, and all the fun, learning, and parenting sorrow it may bring.

Advice?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen-
For Ellie's 2nd Birthday, I got her "my 1st dollhouse" by fisher price. I got it @ Toys R Us and it's about $35 bucks. It's perfect for those little hands, comes w/some furniture & mom, dad & sister. You can also buy additional furniture & dolls. I am also raising a "girly girl" TOMBOY and she just loves it. just a suggestion.
You and your family are in my prayers. Hope your grandma is ok.

jen said...

hi there!
Seriously you got one of my girls and fairy barbie(with purple hair) and the other a pink wig!? and you can't figure this shit out???

Get her a princess dress-up and a fun back pack,
or a hot pink sequinned purse to carry around and a, shall I say it BARBIE...but not the regular kind, get her the simple ones that only come with a swim suit and a little bag($5-$6 bucks at walmart or target)so cute!! They have a cute princess sing along fake radio that Jaclyn got for either 2nd b-day or christmas!! She LOVES to sing along to the Ariel songs!! Anything you get has got to be better than dressing up a transformer...not to say that she can't do that, Julia and Jonathan would play save the princess with the transformer and barbie! BUT the girl needs a little girly love that's all.

On a different note, I'm glad to hear your Garandma came through her procedure. Watching Law and Order is deffinetly a good sign, but it's a long road ahead and I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Jen

jen said...

oh and by the way the air is a must and if your friend only charged you $268 bucks for fixing it, you are the luckiest chick I know!!!! You need to bake him a cake and kiss his ass!!!

No kidding!!
Jen

Weiss Women said...

I am going to agree with both Jennie and Jen's (hey girl!) suggestions. Buy all of that girly girly crap. They love it. And they won't play with it when the are 13. Then they will be sassy and want their belly button pierced...right? The dollhouse is a great idea and if she wants to put action figures in it then all the better. She and her brothers can play together! Plus she likes her jewelry! love, Julianne