Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Leg Hurts, and I'm Hungover...leave me alone

I took Nate to speech yesterday and dropped in on my favorite physical therapist. She put me on her table and as I was talking I heard a POP and gave a scream and she said, "Yup, I just put it back into place for you." Not only is she suprised at how "amazingly well I hold up given how unstable I am", but I had popped my femur out of joint. It freakin' hurt! Now I'm sore because the nerves were compressed, I had bone on bone grinding, and my muscles are being expected to work to hold me in place. She told me to take an Advil, so I started drinking instead.

We had company. Julianne and her girls were over and we did a 'build your own pizza' bar for dinner. Then the kids all went to bed, and Jenny and Cheryl came over. We had a chocolate fountain, wine, (Sharp's nonalcoholic beer for preggers Julianne) and told funny stories and laughed. It was good times, and I'm more than a little sad they are gone. Hopefully we'll see them again soon!

I'm off to nap. I'm tired, hung over, and my leg is killing me. I just need a little nap to make the mommy monster go away......

2 comments:

Keri Speidel said...

how in God's name do you just "pop" a femur out of place? Woman, what the heck are you up to in Chicago?

Weiss Women said...

We had such a great time with you guys! We can't wait until you come to visit again. Craig says hello and he wants some chocolate fountain next time! Thanks for the faux beer, it was tasty! Thanks for putting up with us even though my kids had to wake everyone up in the house several times! I am going to post that picture of us on the blog...just you wait! love, Julianne