Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Dammit, I just Knew it Would Go Down this Way

I had my cycle class this morning, and dragged myself there, because I have 12 days before this crazy race.

The instructor, no stranger to a good triathlon and who has friends doing the one I am told me that

A.) The bike is hilly, but the run will be flat. Or Vice versa, in which case I'm screwed. I hate running uphill, but I hate running DOWN even more. I always feel like I'm going to eat pavement for lunch if I don't get my legs under control. I feel like I look like a cartoon running, you know, how they're all blurry from the waist down because they're running so fast, but then they don't go anywhere. Ugh.

B.) The water is chilly. It's an easy swim, but the water is chilly. I hate nothing more than being cold, and I am always cold. Always. So cold water is never my friend.

Let's just hope we got some hot days between now and then to warm that lake up.

Otherwise I may get hypothermia before I swim half a stroke!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo Ho -

Don't freak yourself out! You are gonna kick some major ass with this! You're ready! Lookin' forward to kick'n it with the Cricksters tomorrow. Love, C.