Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Some Juicy Red Fun

Because gas prices are insane, my kids' entire summer has been revolving around my race workout, and my mommy guilt issues, I decided we needed to do something outrageously fun today, so I took the kids to a local berry patch this morning to pick strawberries, since today is the last day to do so. Blueberries will be pickable for them the first week in August, and mental note: Do it naked. Berry picking is messy.

Nate found the tractor. I wonder how old it is?

Jack was driving. Where to and how far have yet to be determined.

GAAAREEEENNN ACRES is the place for Maddie!
Jack's berries. He actually took this picture, and I think it's kinda cool.
Maddie picks berries.
Jack in the middle of the patch.
Nate would pick one, eat 5. He actually had a good stretch and a semi full basket, but then he tripped and they all spilled. Poor guy.
Cheeeeese!
I got to pick some too. Again, photog Jack did a super job.

After the berry patch we hit the waterpark nearby and it was a blast. Nothing says summer like waterslides, water shooter thingies, umbrellas with water pouring down and a ginormous sand pit. They are all currently sleeping, and I suppose I should wake them up. Otherwise tonight will be a problem.
This was sooo much fun, I really cannot wait for the blueberries!

1 comment:

Keri Speidel said...

aren't your kids always nekkid anyways?