Sunday, December 02, 2007

Really, I'm just not that Interesting!

I keep getting these e-mails from various folks, so instead of doing more mass e-mails, I've just decided to post it here. I'm really not that interesting (remember, from a previous blog).

> 1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I hate wrapping, irregardless of how it's done. Ask my friends from college. I'm just BAD at it.

2. Real or artificial tree? Nothing beats walking into the woods after a horse drawn sleigh ride, chopping down a tree and having the fresh pine scent in your home. NOTHING!

3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? After Christmas, sometimes right after New Years, but it all depends on garbage day.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yum, but fatty. If you add Brandy the calories don't count.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Maybe a bike...maybe a telescope. Not my Favorite? Oh, the time "Santa" left Bras and underwear hanging on the tree like Ornaments. What if my dad saw??? (Horror of horrors to a 12 year old).


7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, and a Funk little Who-Ville Village that goes up. None of that icky country crap (sorry guys).

8. Hardest person to buy for? Nate

9. Easiest person to buy for? Probably my dad.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A Year long membership to Jelly of the Month... (he he he)

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life (Tradition w/my dad), and of course, Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year, I bought Brooke's present in AUGUST!!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Hell yes. I do it all the time. Teachers and Developmental Therapists alike get a LOT of candy that is just wrong to consume on your own. Not to mention, there are just some presents that mere words can not describe and so, they get sent on to some other unsuspecting fool....

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Filet and Lobster. My mom's dinner ROCKS

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored. The world is more beautiful looking thru a multi-colored lens.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night, at midnight service, with the candles. Nothing more peaceful on Earth.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Over the river and thru the woods...to Oma's house we go.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donder, (Yes w/ a D, check the Night Before Christmas book). Blitzen..........Rudolph.............. and Olive, the Other Reindeer (cute kid's book)..

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I had an angel for a while, but she freaked me out in all her spooky "I look possessed glory" so we switched to a star very similar to the one my parents used to put on the tree 30 years ago. It's all about Nostalgia.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? John's side does the Eve, everything else is Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The fact that I'm trying to shop with 3 kids up my ass all the time. It just doesn't work well.

23. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? Do I seem like the person organized enough to do a theme anything? Theme Charlie Brown maybe? Theme disaster? Theme, Oh look at all the kids ornaments that are only on the bottom 3rd of the tree while the top is sparsely decorated with lights and garland. Hmmmmm.....

24. What do/did you leave for Santa? Cookies and carrots for the reindeer and a bottle of booze. Something's gotta have incentive.

No comments: