Monday, December 31, 2007

The confusing gets Confusinger....


Last week while running on the treadmill (almost 4 miles in 1/2 an hour thank you!) I had the "pleasure" of watching Oprah play "Deal or No Deal" on her show. Ultimately, she was trying to win an audience member 75K. In a case of "How Many things are Wrong with THIS picture" I ran, listening to my iPod, reading the close captioning, entranced.
Here we have a KAJILLIONAIRE trying to win pennies for someone in her audience, and FREAKING OUT as the higher numbers were eliminated. Um, hello, Oprah? If you want to give someone 75 grand, just do it. Write it off on your taxes somehow and feel good about yourself. I truly, truly failed to see how stressful this situation was for her. If it was moi, well, 75K, That's a big deal. Not so much for the richest woman in the milky way galaxy.
I'm hoping it wasn't just me going "What the Hell" and thinking that if I wasn't at the gym working out, I'd never watch this crap. Oprah sweating over money just pisses me off.

No comments: