Sunday, December 09, 2007

My New House

We found our new house on a whim, not something we were expecting to go for so soon, so while we have already put down our Earnest Money, please pray for us that our current home sells. Jack's having a hard time, he doesn't want to leave all his toys and go to a new home. Since this house is a foreclosure, there is NOTHING there. All the toys are coming with, and when I say there is nothing there, there is NOTHING! No curtains, no fridge, no washer/dryer, etc. But it's fun that we get to take a 4 yr. old home and start from scratch. We need a deck. And doors on the den. And check out the side window on the right. We need glass in it. I think it broke when they roughed in the french doors for the den/office.

I took a lot of photos of our problem areas, so sorry that there isn't more to share. This is the front, in a "bump out" or cul-de-sac that isn't really a cul-de-sac.
This is my kitchen with the island you can eat at. Check out all that wicked cool cabinet space. There is also a Butler Pantry to the left leading into the dining room. Nothing spectacular, just a little hallway with more cabinets.
This is the downstairs family room looking out from the kitchen. I don't particularly care for the spaces above and next to the fireplace. Some homes put t.v.'s in there, but this is too narrow for a t.v. I think they had a stereo in there, if you notice the holes in the ceiling (surround sound) and the hole under the window on the right was probably a subwoofer. Check out the wires hanging down. Those were from the ceiling fan the previous owners took with them, but I found on a return trip that they left the ceiling fan remote.

My plan is to put our current entertainment unit on the far right wall. Not sure about what to do about the open spaces next to and above the fireplace. I guess wood can go next to it, but then what?

Here is the den/office/5th bedroom/whatever the hell you want to call it room. The kids really, really love the french doors, which is okay because they distract from the sliding glass door off the kitchen that leads to a 15 foot plummet to brick paver patio. We need a deck (you busy this spring dad?)

What I don't understand is why they put in just a roughed version of the doors. They aren't stained. Any ideas dad? Also, what goes above the doors?

This is the upstairs family/media room. By Jack, on the right hand side is a heating vent, so there is this "storage" shelf that you can't close off. Aesthetically, I am not sure what to do with this, but the idea of the room is pretty cool. This is next to my master bedroom, which also has a fireplace/sitting room. It's really my reading room, but don't tell John.


So, that's it with what good photos I have. Everything else is like, wires and open random space. No curtains, which means my favorite Auntie Eileen may be getting a very desperate phone call. She sews, I don't. She's crafty, I'm not. (Don't worry Uncle Bob, I think the carpet is okay for a while!! :-P )

We may close January 11th, and when I told Jenny she said, "Okay, I'll help you clean on the 12th". I replied, "I can't have you cleaning my house. I can't ask people to do that!" And she said, "You didn't ask. I'm telling you that's what I'm doing. That's what friends do." (paraphrased etc). And, last night at scrapbooking, the girls said, "We'll move you in and then have our Superbowl Party, it's perfect", and it is. You know you have good friends when you don't even have to ask for help. They just know when you need it and help you and give you every ounce of moral support you need, and they love you no matter what. I have said it before, but I am so blessed by the people I have chosen to surround myself with.

I can't wait until this is truly our home and I can invite friends and family over. I haven't been this excited since John proposed, and this is the home we plan to stay in for a long time. It's very close to the elementary school, and Junior high the kids will go to.

My home is and never will be "company ready", but it is always ready for those we love and care about and those who reciprocate. Anytime you want to come for a tour, let me know. The door is always open, on the new house, and the old!!

6 comments:

Weiss Women said...

WOW! This is so exciting! Congratulations! We are coming to visit! Have fun with all of the new decisions you get to make!
love, Julianne

Anonymous said...

Where is your new house located!!

Darlene

Anonymous said...

Jenny-

Oh my gosh, it's a mansion!
Better get St. Joseph buried.
And yes I will help where I can in the drapery department.
Where is the new house?

Crazy Mom said...

Who is St. Joseph?

Anonymous said...

You should buy a small St. Joseph statue and bury it in your back yard, upside down, facing your house to bring you luck selling. Then when you move, dig up St. Joseph and put him in your new house in a place of honor. Good Luck! -Lynn

Anonymous said...

When did you sell your other house??

Darlene