Saturday, October 06, 2007

Thanks MOM!


These are my parents, photograped with a new camera feature. Really. She loves dresses and pearls.
Okay, for real, I don't think I've EVER seen my dad in a tie. On father's days we didn't give him crap like that. He always got some new screwdrivers and other useless tools.
Anyway, who do you call when your kid is puking and you HAVE to run to school and pick up cookies? And who will clean the vomit off your couch and throw said puker into the tub? Good old JUNE! (Okay and Mom too).
Nobody else would do that except your own mother. Nobody else bails you out in a pinch, and nobody else watches the kids just because YOU NEED A DAMN BREAK ALREADY. Nobody else just picks the kids up and a little too forcefully suggests you and your hubby go out to dinner already and eat a damn hot meal without cleaning up the floor afterwards. We have made some damn good friends who have bailed us out time and again, but nothing beats my p's.
Wally and June are just kick-ass.

2 comments:

Weiss Women said...

Oh I need my MOM to live near me....Whaaaaa!!

Weiss Women said...

That last comment was really a wail, or a cry. Maybe I should have said "Waaaiil". Oh well you know what I mean. I am so jealous that she and your Dad can be so close to you!