Friday, October 05, 2007

Knee Deep in a Puddle o' Puke

Poor Jack. Really. Yesterday, I think I was honored with the "Worst Mom Ever" award. He woke up saying he didn't feel good, his belly hurt. That happens a lot when he's been congested, so I figure he either needs to get the phlegm out, or poop. Well, he did both. He pooped. Then puked, and I thought "Great. It's out of his system. Off to school you go". He throws up sometimes when he's really snotty so I didn't think anything of it. And by golly! It's school picture day!!

He came home and wouldn't eat lunch. In fact, he vountarily went upstairs to nap. Now I'm thinking, Uh oh. This is probably not good. And it wasn't.

About 15 minutes into community naptime, he came into my room (I wasn't napping, just organizing) and told me he pooped his pants. At first I was miffed. What do you mean you pooped your pants? You haven't done that in like 2 and 1/2 years! Upon further inspection, I realized he had diarrhea and got him on the pot just in time.

He's been throwing up ever since. Can't keep anything down, poor kid. He's already had 2 baths today and has spent the day in front of the t.v. I hate it, since it's like 90 damn degrees out and we're sequestered in for the long haul.

Thank God Cheryl brought me a cafe mocha. What do you do without friends like that?

1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

Yeah! Cheryl rocks! I am so sorry about Jack. Is he doing better now? Did he give it to Nate or Maddie? I had kid puke and runny poo. They just can't make it to a toilet fast enough. Unlike me who always makes it, uh-huh!